Maintaining the Website
It is important that the content of the Website be maintained and kept up-to-date. To help in this, we have tried to minimise the number of pages that will need regular updating. This page is intended to act as a guide and checklist of what needs to be updated, and when.
- Parish Newsletter (see technical details on the page Maintaining the weekly Newsletter)
- Coming Soon (a standard footer box - check also that no change is needed on the usually static other footer content - Sunday Mass Times and Regular Devotions).
- Eucharistic Ministers Rota - linked from Useful Links page
- Readers Rota - linked from Useful Links page
- Parish Diary
- Statement of Parish Finances
- Review list of fees and other information in Wedding information for couples (and update the PDF linked to from the Useful links page)
- The liturgical calendar in Holy Days of Obligation should be updated annually (or at least after 2022, when the current table expires!)
- Parish People - Parish Council and Finance Committee changes, change of other individuals responsible for particular activities, change of Priest
- Previous clergy - change of priest, but also useful to update when former priests move to new positions or die, or when additional information comes to light about historic incumbents
- Parish Groups - if new groups are formed, old ones dissolve, or an existing group takes on a new role
Diary versus Calendar
At present, future events can be accessed both via a static Diary and a dynamic Google Calendar. Where possible, an embedded version of the Calendar is placed near to mention of specific groups or activities. However, there are some events listed in the static Diary but not the Calendar; these should be monitored and modified appropriately if and when the static Diary is removed. Relevant pages are:
- Parish Music (link to details of forthcoming recitals)